Meditation is one of the easiest ways to enter into a state of deep relaxation and inner stillness, and it’s one of the most powerful ways to eliminate stress and bring about positive personal changes.
Many of us think of meditation as a spiritual practise that is reserved for monks that live in monasteries, but in reality, meditation is a simple and accessible practise that anyone can enjoy and benefit from.
While you are in this deeply relaxed state of mind, your subconscious is open to positive suggestions, and your guide will use this time to take you on an inner journey that is designed to improve one or more aspects of your life.
Guided meditation might be tailored towards personal empowerment and positive thinking. Another might focus on emotional healing or spiritual development. You might be taken on a guided journey to unleash your full potential, or you may choose to go on a guided meditation journey simply for the sheer pleasure of experiencing profoundly deep relaxation.
As you can now see, a guided meditation can be an experience that is not only relaxing, but one that enhances your sense of self, that transforms your perspective in positive ways, and that inspires you to live your life to the fullest.
It’s an effortless and very enjoyable experience that results in deep relaxation, elimination of stress and a heightened appreciation of life.
At the conclusion of your guided meditation, your guide will gradually bring you back to a state of normal awareness, leaving you feeling refreshed, rejuvenated and relaxed.
It would be easy to assume that meditation is just a mental exercise and that the benefits of meditation are limited to the mind only, but stop for a moment and consider the fact that your mind and your thoughts are connected to every other aspect of your life.
Your thinking effects your emotions, and your emotions affect your physical body. You are a connected being . . . your mind, your physical body, your emotions and the spiritual dimension of your life are all intertwined.
• Increasing your intelligence
• Improving your memory
• Enhancing your creativity
• Drastically improving your ability to think clearly
• Improved problem solving abilities
• Decreasing & eliminating depression
• Decreasing anxiety
• Helping to resolve addictions
• Reducing irritability and moodiness
• Enjoying a more positive outlook
• More smiles!
• Reduced muscular tension
• Strengthened immune system
• Accelerated ability to recover from strenuous exercise
• Decreased high blood pressure
• Lowered cholesterol levels
• Reduced risk of cardiovascular disease
• Reduced strain related pain, such as headaches
• Ability to sleep more deeply and restfully
• Improved flow of air to the lungs resulting in easier breathing
• Reduction of free radicals – organic molecules responsible for aging, tissue damage and possibly some diseases
• Reduced levels of stress hormones such as cortisol
• Increased feelings of vitality and rejuvenation
Often overlooked are the many benefits of meditation that relate to your emotional wellbeing. People who meditate not only experience a reduction in stress, they also report emotional improvements such as:
• Improved sense of positivity
• Increased confidence
• Greater ability to give and receive love
• Elimination of panic attacks
• Greater sense of warmth and openness towards others
• A greater sense of purpose and meaning in their lives
• A feeling of connectedness to others
• An openness to love and to higher guidance
• Improved intuition
• A tendency to “let go” and go with the flow of life